A Blogger's Guide To Balancing School And Blogging
Of recent I hadn’t been finding much time to regularly update my blog as I am caught up in revisions for my final examinations coming up in a few months’ time. Today I decided to share with you a post that I have always longed to write, but had not been really finding the right time to draft it down and write it. I am sure a lot of us had once been caught between School and Blogging, especially if it is examination time and we are about to freak out about how to balance the two.
Blogging to me has evolved from just being a hobby to something that I am really passionate about and would love to grow into it. This blog has actually become a little extension of mine that I view as a little passion and project of happiness to me. On the other hand, school is something that I really love and I know I must put all my focus into. I had always been afraid of really mixing the two, but after ten months of blogging now I can say I have found my foot in balancing these two essential components of my life. I have found my routine and read some recommendations from other bloggers, and have actually decided to compile that into this post and share it with you.
A College Blogger’s Guide To Balance Blogging And School
Make A Schedule (And Stick To It)
Scheduling is the best thing that I think every blogger should start doing if they want to become organized and find a balance between their blogging lives and ‘me’ time. I may not be the best person when it comes to being organized and sticking to a schedule, but I think recently I had been doing a better job at it nowadays.
The first step to finding a balance between blogging and school is to actually create a schedule where you allocate the time for blogging and study. Blogging can be an intimidating activity that without noticing it, examination time will be there and you hadn’t done a thing about it. In your schedule, set time for studying and time for blogging. Allocate the amount of time you would love to spend on your books, and then the one for blogging. By doing so, you will find and get used to your routine and in the end it will benefit both your Grades and The Blog too. If you aren’t good at making a schedule for yourself, you will find a lot of readily made downloadables online with time allocations and all you have to do is to fill it in with what really works for you.
Use Scheduling Tools For Posting And Social Media
My second tip for making a balance between School and Blogging is to make use of the various scheduling tools available online to automate your blog and social media. There are a lot of free tools (and apps) out there designed to make your blogging life very much easier. This is something that I personally had not been using though, but I see a lot of bloggers and online content creators doing it and it really works.
A lot of time we may be caught up with examinations and study, and may not find time to promote our posts on social media and publish posts on the blog. There is Buffer and Hootsuite for which I see a lot of bloggers using on Twitter and Facebook, and Tailwind for Pinterest scheduling. Later is an online platform (also available as an app on iOS and Android) for planning out your Instagram feed and actually scheduling posting times on the platform. Also, both WordPress and Blogger come with automated functions to schedule your posts and automatically tweet them to your audience on Twitter. So, if you are looking to find a balance between Blogging and School, I advise to really make use of these free scheduling tools to automate your online life. Write some posts in advance on your blog and schedule them to automatically publish on your when you are caught up in school work.
I find it a useful tip if you assign a day, like Sunday, to pre-write your posts for the week and schedule them to go live on your blog on a certain date along the week. Also, I think it is best to allocate about 10 minutes of your time in the morning to schedule your social media posts of the day, and use the time before bed to reply to some comments and social media mentions and messages. If you are really caught up, you may find this post useful that I wrote on some 72 simple blog post ideas that you can write when you are feeling uninspired, and in this case, when you are caught up in school work.
Take A Break
This may not be the best advice you can get on this topic, but I think taking a break from blogging actually creates a balance between Blogging and School. Firstly, taking a break really helps you to improve your creative MOJO and helps you to refresh and unwind from the blog, and afterwards you will have that big MOJO to start writing amazing content again. Secondly, I think taking a break really helps you to improve how you create your content and reconnect with your blog. Breaking from the busy life of your blog helps you to reflect on your brand, and see where you need improvement and what new content you really want to drive to the blog.
I recommend that you take a one month break from your blog so that you can really focus on schooling and reconnecting with your brand. You can use this time to focus on your examinations or intensive study and this really helps to improve your Grades and your blog too. Sometimes blogging is very overwhelming that this can really affect your Grades, so taking this month off really helps you create a personal strategy on how you can tackle this topic too.
Final Thoughts
I found it odd to end this blog post without giving some advice to my fellow student bloggers. Blogging is a very fun activity, we know that, and we can get all consumed in the activity that we forget that there is some studying to do until the very last minute. In the end, just remember that ACADEMICS come first and they are the one you should really focus on now! My mom always tell me that after school, I will have a lot of time to compensate all the time that I think I am losing now studying, and on top of that I will have a dream career which pays really well. I am 100% in support with this advice of hers and I think you should too. Prioritize your academics right now if you are really certain that you want to live a passionate life, and the rest, we will find later.
How do you manage to balance school (or a full-time job) and a blog that you are really passionate about? I am always open to your thoughts and would really be happy if you share it with me here, and also, can you give me tips on some time management hacks (and apps that you use too)
©KUDAKWAISHE
Sharing Is Caring:
6 comments
Fantastic guide hun! Honestly I find it so hard trying to balance out the too especially as I’m not very organised. I for sure will make sure to follow your tips and help get my life in gear ready for when I go back to uni.
ReplyDeleteGreat post lovely!
Ashleigh
www.thestoryofashleighdavis.com
Thanks Ashleigh for the lovely comment! Truly, being organized is key to every success. Wish you all the best in your schooling.
DeleteAwesome tips! I definitely think being committed to both and having a schedule that works for you is key.
ReplyDeletewww.fashionradi.com
Thanks Fashhionradi for the informative comment. Definitely working out a schedule that really works for you is the key. Have a lovely day!!
DeleteGood read! Commented on your fb post about it. Keep it coming!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kindness! I really appreciate it that you found this post really helpful
Delete