My 2018 To-Do List
Hello everyone,
I have just started my blog and still have a long way to go in terms of growth and creating lasting relationships with you my readers. I started this Creative Outlet of mine so that I will be able to share my story with you as I navigate life as a millennial teenager, grow into an adult and pursue both personal growth and soul mindfulness. My blog is my diary to share with you my journey as I work towards redefining and redesigning my life to be the better human being I know I am and possibly inspire someone to change their mindset about life and dream towards living a considered and fulfilling lifestyle.
Today I am going to share with you my personal goals and to-do list for the month of rest of 2018. I know we are in November already and just two months (and counting) before we say it Goodbye to 2018. I started goal-setting this year but actually lost touch with it because I had been setting myself goals that I definitely knew I was not to achieve but just for the sake of sitting down and act like I have a very considered lifestyle going on and finding myself something productive to do for the month.
As a matter of fact, today (November 09) I have just turned seventeen and I am over the moon. Like really, I now in my mid-teen years and it had just come at a time when I am all positive about the future and getting to know myself and soul on a deep, rich level. I am focusing on growing my inner beauty as a human being and caring about other people, connecting with what they have to say and appreciating humans for who they are. It is just a wonderful time in one's life and actually setting personal goals and to-do activities is a really great way of connecting with one's inner self and living life to its full intention.
I definitely think this is all wrong things for setting goals in your life just for the sake of pretending to be focused with your life. Rather, sit down and write down passionate goals that you are sure you will have the willpower to work towards during the month. Set SMART goals that are reasonable, achievable and not for the sake of finding a blog post to write on your space, when you know for sure you will not actually be willing to do it.
One trend I have noticed amongst bloggers, influencers and online content creators is that we are much focused on numbers. Reach 1000 followers, 50+ comments, Earn a certain amount of money etc. I am not saying that this is all wrong and we should not do it (and actually I will be doing it too but remember to keep it MINDFUL) but remember you are writing so that you can touch someone's heart. When non-blogger followers reach out to you and all they see are numbers upon numbers, the impression they get is that you are all interested in growing your numbers and not growing their lifestyle. If that works for you and you are comfortable doing, then definitely continue to do it on your blog, after all its your space.
I told you that I had been on a course of soul searching - finding my purpose in life - and one thing I am changing to redefine and redesign my desired life is not look at my readers as just another number, but rather as a friend there to support me and help me grow both mentally, physically and souly and help me (and hope I help them too) find the purpose in life. We are all born with a purpose - to serve others - and it is up to us to indulge into finding how we can serve the next person to you.
1. Work On My Inner Beauty. I had been creating my own mindful moments and working towards my inner beauty for the last six months or so, but six weeks ago it took an intense turn and I am enjoying the state of mind I am in right now. Smile More. Think Positively. Be Productive. Just Doing It.
2. Start Working On My Book. I had been wanting to write a book since late 2016 and I quite seem have the same plot I had when I wanted to start writing. I will create a separate post dedicated for the book later on, but my current goal is to write at least the first chapter before 2019. I am still considering publishing it on Wattpad and later e-book. I want to talk about social issues for the modern millennial teens in the book, and I currently have the characters ready.
3. Read More. I downloaded (again) the Wattpad app and it was like going back home again. I have had the app for a week now but already I have dusted about four books and still going to read more again.
4. Think Positively, Become More Soulful. I had been having little Bible sessions before bed (but I am thinking of doing it in the morning rather when I am more inspired), and this is helping me shape the kind of life I want for myself. I am done with Ecclesiastes and considering going to Proverbs or starting on the new testament right now.
5. Just Go The Extra Mile. You know what they say, "Successful people are willing to go the extra mile". I had been practising a lot of that lately and its refreshing knowing you are doing EXTRA than what everyone is doing for your own and other people's good. Though, I would really hate it if I become obsessed.
6. Blog More. I have got my blogging Mojo back on since moving to WordPress. I do not have to worry about HTML codes in my menue area going wrong, or Blogger changing my fonts everytime I log on. Also, I just want to enjoy writing and being creative and enjoy the company of the WordPress community. You can read about my experience over here.
7. Just Relax, And Sleep More. This other Friday I slept (on a Saturday) at 3am just reading a beautiful teen novel on Wattpad. Basically, the past days I hadn't been calm because of school and stuff, and also just the thought of something going wrong or not doing this was creepy and part of my behavior. I am successfully changing that these days and allow myself to sleep more, relax, and just enjoy every breath. My mom actually complimented I have gained some weight and am actually glowing, which is a good thing because I am a 42kg baby (two weeks ago)
8. Finally, Enjoy Being A Teenager. I am seventeen today and I am just over the moon. I am not a birthday(ish) kind of person, but the thought of being in my mid-teen years is exciting. I really hated my age before, pretty hated everything about myself. I am not saying I want to go wild though, no, I am not that kind of person. I am just appreciating every breath of being seventeen, and share my journey.
Kudakwaishe xx
0 comments